Thursday, July 12, 2012

Making 72 cupcakes in 2 hours...Am I on Cupcake Wars?

It has been a really long time since I have posted anything on my blog. I haven't stopped baking though. My most recent baking obstacle was for my mother's 65th birthday. She lives 3 hours away from me so I had to travel to make her cupcakes. I took most everything I had in my pantry including my cupcake pans, measuring cups, etc. My sister and I went to my sister's restaurant to make this at 7am the morning of my mother's party. It was a surprise so we couldn't bake at her house. I made 24 coconut cupcakes, 24 chocolate peanut butter cupcakes, and 24 banana chimichanga cupcakes. We whipped those out in a little over 2 hours. I swear I felt like I was on Cupcake Wars. We had to do it quick before the morning crew came in to prep for the day. It was a lot of fun and they turned out great!! They were a big hit at the party. There were only a few left over so we gave them to the staff who waited on us at my mother's party. I love baking because I love the looks people get when they see a cupcake or cake and how it makes them feel. Everyone loves dessert!

2 comments: